As part of our ongoing commitment to excellence, we can now proudly announce that we are busy aligning with the ISO 27001 International Standard for Information Security Management (ISMS). An ISMS is a systematic approach to managing sensitive company information so that it remains secure – by ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of information. This includes the analysis of people, processes, policies and IT systems by incorporating a risk management process. We are in fact using our very own DigiLex system as our ISMS.
What exactly does this mean? Well, in a nutshell, it means that we are showing a commitment to better managing:
- Financial Information
- Intellectual Property
- Information entrusted to us by 3rd parties (clients, suppliers and partners)
Practically, this translates into things such as:
- Hosting our web service on AWS (Amazon Web Services) – hosted in Ireland, with failover to a secondary server should the primary server fail for any reason
- Compliance with personal data processing, usage and protection laws
- Multiple backup systems to ensure that we can recover any data or roll back to a specific point in time
- Offering an encrypted website (SSL) with encrypted client login passwords
You can rest assured that by aligning with ISO 27001 we are bringing best practice guidelines into our everyday operations and this ultimately means that we run a tighter, more secure ship than ever before.
We are the only provider of SHEQ Management Systems that is currently aligning with ISO 27001 in South Africa.
Get in touch with us should you required any further information in this regard.